Tuesday 20 October 2009

Communicating With Infographics

As an incredibly wide field of design that is featured so many times in blogs, I won't try to do the same and attempt to showcase the genre myself. Instead, I have picked a few examples of infographics that use simplicity to present information in an appealing and digestible fashion.



There are so many beautiful pieces of graphical or schematic design in existence, and here I have focused on the more functional side of the subject. The simplistic ease of communication that this coffee guide displays expresses the primary function of the infographic. An instruction graphic that is effortlessly interpreted.



Here I have featured a more complex diagram that is no less easily read. The circular graphs are less friendly than the coffee example, but they show the same expression of the ingredient theme in a different visual style.

The subject of infographics is one that I will explore in more detail, as it is such a fascinating field of communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment